Congratulations! You have just purchased our easy up-easy down wallcovering digitally printed on a premium DreamScape substrate. Please follow these instructions in order to make this installation an enjoyable experience.
DreamScape is a registered trademark of Roysons Corporation
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE STRIPPABLE DIGITAL WALLCOVERINGS
IMPORTANT GUIDELINES FOR CONTRACTORS AND SUPPLIERS- STOP & READ BEFORE INSTALLING
- The supplier shall provide a complete copy of DreamScape’s current Hanging Instructions to the installer pertaining to the installation of the wallcovering.
- ALL INSTALLATIONS MUSTCONFORM TO MANUFACTURERS CURRENT INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS AND PRODUCT TECHINICAL INFORMATION IN ORDER FOR MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY PROTECTIONS TO APPLY.
If the wallcovering is installed in a manner other than that recommended by Roysons, it is done at the sole risk of the installer and Roysons’ warranty protections do not apply. Use of a mold inhibiting primer product and the use of an adhesive containing a mildew inhibitor is recommended.
- All labels shall be checked for accuracy by the installer to insure that the shipment is received as ordered.
- If no defect is evident before installation, the material should be inspected after three (3) panels are installed. If any defect is evident at this time (or any point of the installation) no further material should be applied and your supplier should be contacted IMMEDIATELY. ROYSONS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CHARGES OVER THREE PANELS OF MATERIAL. Roysons will replace defective wallcovering in accordance with the terms of its Limited and Exclusive Warranty. If there are any questions on the following instructions, contact your supplier before proceeding.
- All hanging surfaces must be clean, smooth, dry, undamaged, free of mold, mildew, grease or stains, and structurally intact. All loose paint and other wallcoverings should be removed. If moisture is present, immediately identify and eliminate the source(s) of the moisture and verify that all wall surfaces are completely dry before proceeding.
- Any mold or mildew MUST be removed from walls and hanging surfaces prior to installation. Walls should not contain in excess of 4% residual moisture content. A moisture meter should be used to determine moisture content. Moisture infiltration and accumulation can lead to mold or mildew growth and must be corrected PRIOR to the installation of the wallcovering. If you are unsure if moisture problems are present, consult a qualified professional before proceeding. This product is intended foruse in buildings that are properly designed and maintained to avoid moisture infiltration, condensation and or accumulation at wall cavities and wall surfaces, particularly in warm, humid climates. Walls should also be treated with bleach, Lysol and/or other approved, mildew –inhibiting products in order to inhibit further mildew growth. DreamScape will not be responsible for any performance and/or quality issues if moisture problems are not addressed before installation, and/or if the building is not properly maintained to prevent moisture infiltration following installation.
- Proper surface preparation is key to getting great results. To prepare the surface properly, we recommend that you prime all surfaces with a universal, white-pigmented, mold inhibiting wallcovering primer. For perforated wallcovering a high quality permeable primer, such as Roman ECO-988, should be used along with the matching adhesive.
- For new drywall construction, a coat of wallcovering primer should be applied to the surface before application of wallcovering. Use a primer that dries to a solid color to conceal drywall joints.
- Use only a lead pencil for marking walls and back of wallcovering. Do not use ballpoint or marking pen, they will bleed through the surface.
- Do not install wallcovering unless a temperature above 65º degrees F is maintained in both areas of installation and storage for at least 48 hours prior to installation.
Hang wallcovering with a premium quality heavy-duty clear premixed adhesive. Use of a mildew inhibitor in the adhesive is recommended as above instructions. For perforated wallcovering a high quality permeable adhesive, such as Roman ECO-888, should be used with the permeable primer. Do not dilute adhesive. Brush an even coat of paste over entire back of wallcovering. Pay particular attention to run over edges so they are sure to be pasted. Book material for ten minutes.
APPLYING WALLCOVERING TO WALL SURFACE
- If the application is a textured or non-matched wallcovering pattern, reverse hanging of alternate panels is required to ensure color continuity from strip to strip. If the application is a mural it is recommended that every other panel is rotated 180 degrees when printing to minimize the side-to-side color shift that may occur with each printer.
- Determine whether the pattern match is random, straight across, or drop match. Measure the wall height, allowing for pattern match, add 4 inches, and then cut the wallcovering. It will overlap onto the ceiling and the base approximately 2 inches.
- Apply the recommended adhesive to the back using either a pasting machine or a paint roller. Work the adhesive in, to cover the back completely, especially near the edges. Fold each end toward the middle, pasted sides together, aligning the edges carefully so they do not dry out. CAUTION: Do not crease wallcovering. Allow to “relax” for ten minutes (booking). This will allow the adhesive to penetrate the wallcovering fabric, which is important to a successful installation.
- WITH ALL DIRECTIONAL PATTERNS, IT IS IMPORTANT TO LINE UP PATTERNS AT EYE LEVEL ALLOWING ANY DRIFT IN LINEUP TO RUN OFF TOWARD CEILING AND FLOOR. THE STANDARD ALLOWANCE IS ONE QUARTER OF AN INCH UP OR DOWN. IF PATTERN IS LINED UP AT THE CEILING THE PATTERN WILL BEGIN MISALIGNMENT SOONER AND THE GAP WILL BE LARGER. ALSO, MOST PATTERNS WILL BE VIEWED AT EYE LEVEL THEREFORE IT IS THAT AREA THAT NEEDS TO LOOK ALIGNED. IF THERE ARE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT PATTERN LINEUP, CONTACT SUPPLIER. BE SURE FIRST DROP OF WALLCOVERING IS SQUARE ON WALL BY PLUMBING THE WALL AND USING A LEVEL.
- Avoid burnishing the face of the material. Use a wallcovering brush or a plastic scraper to smooth the wallcovering onto the wall. For optimal durability we recommend topcoating with DreamGuard Protex3 to help protect the surface of the wallcovering pattern from stain and abrasion. DreamGuard can be applied with paint roller either before installation or after installation (see separate instructions)
- Do not rub. Do not allow vinyl adhesive to dry on surface as it may leave a white residue. Wash off excess paste from face of wallcovering as you hang it with a cellulose sponge. The cellulose sponge must be rinsed in clean water after every use. Blot dry with a clean cloth.
- Place the second strip to the edge of the first strip. Tape seams before overlapping and double cutting to avoid getting adhesive on the wallcovering. If paste does get on the vinyl, clean it off immediately with clean warm water and blot dry with a clean lint less towel. Use a soft bristle brush to wash the ceiling and the baseboard to remove any paste residue. Do not leave any overlap on the seams since vinyl will not adhere to itself. *Seams should be vertical, have a tight fit, and be free from air and paste bubbles. Seams should not be located closer than 6” to corners.
- After three panels are smoothed to wall surface and excess paste removed, examine the installed panels for color uniformity. Any objectionable variations in color match, pattern match, etc…should be immediately communicated to the printer for inspection before proceeding further with installation.
- After installation, the walls and wallcovering should be monitored for potential moisture or vapor infiltration or accumulation. Any such infiltration/accumulation after installation must be promptly eliminated in order to reduce the risk of mold/mildew growth.
Limited and Exclusive Warranty
DreamScape ("Manufacturer / Distributor") warrants that for a period of five years from the sale of its digital wallcovering products ("Products") that the Products shall be free of manufacturing defects, and that Products shall not separate from their backings, and/or exhibit stains caused by bleeding of impurities. Products should not support the growth of mildew when Products are properly printed and installed on a sound wall following the recommended preparation and hanging procedures outlined in the installation instructions, and are adequately maintained and used under normal conditions.
DreamScape Limited and Exclusive Warranty is not assignable or transferable and extends only to purchasers who are the owners of products at the time of installation.
This warranty does not cover and expressly excludes any damage, loss, cost, defect or deficiency arising out of or relating
Digitally Printed version rev 6-14
to: (a) accident, abuse, misuse or vandalism; (b) mold or mildew; (c) use of incompatible materials, accessories or supplies; (d) abnormal conditions of use, including use on walls subject to moisture infiltration or accumulation; (e) improper storage, handling, installation, or maintenance; (f) design, installation or construction defects and/or deficiencies of any kind or nature; (g) fire, flood or other acts, omissions, causes or events beyond DreamScape’s' control; (h) wallcovering that has been altered by anyone other than DreamScape; or (i) any other loss, cost, damage, defect or deficiency not within the scope of this limited and exclusive warranty.
THIS WARRANTY IS THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY GIVEN BY DREAMSCAPE WITH RESPECT TO THESE PRODUCTS.
ALL OTHER REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES CLAIMED TO ARISE FROM TRADE USAGE, CUSTOM OR COURSE OF
DEALING. DreamScape shall supply replacement products free of charge if DreamScape determines upon inspection that any Products fail to conform to this warranty. The foregoing constitutes the SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY for breach of this warranty.
IN NO EVENT WILL DREAMSCAPE OR IT’S DISTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, WARRANTY, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. THIS LIMITED AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY SHALL SUPERSEDE AND CONTROL ANY OTHER REPRESENTATIONS AND/OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THIS PRODUCT. IN NO EVENT SHALL DREAMSCAPE' LIABILITY EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE AND/OR INVOICED VALUE OF THE GOODS.
All claims under DreamScape's Limited and Exclusive Warranty must be submitted, in writing, to your supplier, within thirty (30) days after Buyer discovers and/or should have discovered the alleged defects. DreamScape shall then be provided a reasonable opportunity to examine the allegedly nonconforming Products and verify any such defect before its use or further processing. FAILURE OF BUYER TO COMPLY WITH THESE NOTICE PROVISIONS SHALL CONSTITUTE A WAIVER BY BUYER OF ALL CLAIMS IN RESPECT THERETO.
BS 476 EU Class Flame
Part 6/7 Certified EN 15102
ight also wish to review our recommendations for adhesive and primers here.